Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ignorance, Jessy Randall

“One morning, out of the blue, the idea of illustrating the Inferno came to [Rauschenberg]. He had never read the poem, of course…” Calvin Tomkins, Off the Wall: Robert Rauschenberg and the Art World of Our Time (Picador, 2005).

Today, out of the blue, I decided to write a sequel to Proust’s Remembrance of Things Past, about which I know almost nothing. Then after lunch, pow! Kablooey! I realized what I ought to do instead is a ballet based on Ulysses, since it’s controversial and contains dirty words. But right before bed the real revelation hit me – what the world really needs is a chicken casserole encompassing Beowulf. And so I am sitting down right now to skim the Cliffs Notes version so I can begin cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment